2024 Award Winning Criminal Defense Lawyers (401) 228-8271

Juvenile Offenses

If your child has been arrested on juvenile charges, we can help. Contact us today to learn how.

Has your child been arrested for a crime? If you are a parent of a juvenile facing criminal charges, you know it can be a scary and stressful time. You're likely concerned about how these charges will impact your child's life. Criminal offenses can have very serious consequences for juveniles by impacting their future career and stripping them of their freedom.

For that reason, it is imperative that you consult with an experienced Rhode Island juvenile offenses attorney to help you with your case. The right attorney can be the determining factor in whether or not you're able to lower or even drop the consequences your child faces. Luckily, we can help you with that.

Juvenile Offenses We Represent

Our firm has years of experience when it comes to representing juvenile offenses and we have taken on a variety of cases. Some of the juvenile offenses we have defended include: vandalism, theft or shoplifting, drug possession or other drug charges, credit card fraud, trespassing, underage DUI, disorderly conduct, assault, weapon or firearm possession, sex crimes, and more. To find out if our firm is the right fit for the charges your child is facing, you can give us a call today.

Penalties for Juvenile Offenses

The penalties your child faces for juvenile offenses will be based on the crime committed and his or her previous criminal history (if there is one). No matter what your child is up against, our number one priority with juvenile cases is always to keep the child out of jail. Jail time will take away your child's freedom and an have a negative impact on his or her future. A jail sentence will go in your child's public record, which can make it difficult to secure employment and cause other hardships down the road.

Fortunately, you do not have to simply accept the fate your child has been handed. There are other punishment options that do not include jail time and you need an attorney who will fight to protect your child from a long jail sentence. Other penalties your child could receive include: the completion of a counseling program, community service, probation, detention, or electronic monitoring.

How We Can Help

As a firm that handles juvenile offenses, our goal is always to protect the rights of our client. Because many juveniles are not aware of their rights upon being arrested, they are often frightened and sometimes manipulated when talking to the arresting officer and therefore give a statement before they are ready. As a result, we promise to evaluate any statements or associated with the case that occurred without an attorney present. We take the time to analyze the evidence and details surrounding the case to look for improper police conduct, as these cases are not always handle as they should be by the officer involved.

We will then outline a defensive strategy to decrease the penalties your child is facing or get them dropped altogether. We do our best work to limit the amount of damage these charges could do to your child's life so it does not tarnish their future. You will be informed of every development in the case throughout the time we are working together so you know what is going on. Our firm is always prepared to head to the courtroom so that we can confidently win cases that are presented to us.

If your child is facing a criminal charge, contact our office today. You can schedule a free consultation to determine what your options are in your case. We take on even the most difficult cases and will work hard to defend your child.

Kensley Barrett

Our law firm was founded on the belief that working with us is more than just hiring a lawyer. Working with us will bring you peace of mind and also allow you to continue with your regular life while we attend to your legal matters. Our vast experience means that it allows us to excel in both aggressively representing your interests and generating the best possible result for you.